Wednesday, September 20, 2023

PRAISE FOR BRIAN COCHRAN'S TRANSLATION ZONE!

Congratulations to our Marsh Hawk Poetry Prize recipient Brian Cochran whose book Translation Zone was noted in Poets & Writers' feature "Ten Questions for Cintia Santana." You can see it HERE but here's an excerpt:

 

4. What are you reading right now? 

I’m currently rereading a couple of things. Hugh Raffles’s poetic and encyclopedic The Book of Unconformities: Speculations on Lost Time, a book that came to my attention early in the pandemic, thanks to a beautifully written New York Times review by Parul Sehgal. I’m also rereading Translation Zone, winner of the 2022 Marsh Hawk Press Poetry Prize. It’s a first book by a friend, Brian Cochran. His poems are these acts of emotional and linguistic magic. I’ve been his fan for a long time, and over the last few years his work has reached a level such that I’m always asking myself after reading a poem, “How did he get there?” I also just returned from CDMX, where I did some catching up on contemporary Mexican poetry—recent works by Sara Uribe, Tedi López Mills, Eva Castañeda, and Elisa Díaz Castelo.




No comments:

Post a Comment