Thursday, April 1, 2021

TONY TRIGLIO AT "CHAPTER ONE"

Tony Triglio discusses William Blake as a poetic influence for Marsh Hawk's "Chapter One" project. You can see his contribution HERE, but here's an excerpt:

"Blake’s Proverbs encourage their audience to discover new ways of seeing through direct experience rather than through abstract conceptualization, which is why his Proverbs are so well suited for what Blake often described as the imaginative labor of art-making.

"This particular Proverb is an urgent reminder that I cannot generate early drafts while working under the duress of a self-critical mind. But this Proverb reminds me, too, that my writing risks a loss of shape and purpose without the imperative to uncover, through revision, what is just enough in the more-than-enough raw material of my earliest drafts. It gives me permission to make a mess of my initial drafts—to experiment, indulge, and meander on the path to discovering what I really want to say (and how I want to say it)."


No comments:

Post a Comment