Friday, July 8, 2016

MARY MACKEY FEATURED AT VISIONARY FICTION ALLIANCE


We're delighted to share that Mary Mackey's essay, "What is Women's Visionary Fiction," is featured on Visionary Fiction Alliance. You can go HERE for the essay, but here's an excerpt that relates to her book The Village of Bones:
I developed this creative trance technique several decades ago, and I still don’t know whether the someone who gives me visions is my Muse, a Goddess, a spirit, or simply my own imagination. All I know is that when I called up the story of The Village of Bones, I saw female things: A Sea Goddess, dressed in coral and foam, who told Sabalah she would give birth to a magical child. A Huge Snake Goddess floating in mid-air who warned Sabalah to take her newborn daughter Marrah and flee west to escape the nomads. A powerful Oracle, neither completely male nor completely female, who gave Sabalah a sacred text called the Mother Book, which contained all knowledge past and present, and which could destroy all humanity if it fell into the wrong hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment