Tuesday, February 2, 2016

PAUL PINES' ESSAY IN NUMERO CINQ!

Numéro Cinq has again done a remarkable job in presenting the third in a series of essays by Paul Pines, "Trolling with the Fisher King", this one "Constellating the Net: A Quantum Fairy Tale."  Here is the link

http://numerocinqmagazine.com/2016/02/02/trolling-with-the-fisher-king-chapter-three-constellating-the-net-a-quantum-fairytale-paul-pines/

and an excerpt:

In my practice as a psychotherapist, I encounter this repeatedly in a variety of ways. Recently, my twenty-five year old client, Nick, an artist of considerable talent, related that I appeared in his dream in a wheel chair. It was at the opening of a solo exhibition of his work. He welcomed me, told me how glad he was that I had come, then asked how I was feeling. I replied: “The world is dangerous. The world is thoughtful. I’m all right.”  The words resonated deeply for me. They summed up what, in fact, I hoped to model and convey to him in the course of our work. Understood in this way, the dream remains a concrete visual reference point and may be viewed as a psychological fact. A Memphite Tablet from pre-Dynastic Egypt, 5,100 years ago, tells us the creation of the world and everything in it issued from Ptah’s invisible heart-thoughts which materialized in his spoken word.  “Every divine word has come into existence through the heart’s thought and tongue’s command…”

(Paul Pines)







No comments:

Post a Comment