Monday, September 26, 2016

SANDY McINTOSH ON PBS/FRONTLINE

From Sandy McIntosh, author of several books including, most recently, A HOLE IN THE OCEAN:

            "The foreign press is waiting for you," the hostess of the Chat Noir, our local coffee shop told me, her eyes directing me to the back table.
                And, indeed, they were: The Washington bureau chiefs of "Le Figaro," the French daily, and "Die Zeit," the German weekly, a feature writer from "Jyllands-Posten" from Denmark, and his photographer- wife.
                I've been having an odd kind of fun these past six months giving print and TV interviews. Although I had a new book out in early spring, not one of my interviewers was interested in publicizing it. Instead, they all, foreign and domestic, wanted to know about the four years during which I knew Donald Trump and went to military school with him. Therefore, following Gore Vidal's advice to never miss an opportunity to have sex or go on television, I assented modestly to each invitation to tell what has now become my set routine of four or five Donald Trump stories.
                I will probably never see most of the TV interviews. But I do know that I've been dubbed into Hebrew, Portuguese, German and French. From what I've heard, I come off much more articulate and intelligent when dubbed. So I've begged the producer of the one interview I will see (this Tuesday night) that if he includes any of my comments in the film to please have James Earl Jones over-dub me.

PBS / FRONTLINE: “The Choice 2016” Tuesday 9:00 pm in most cities.

Here is the cover of Sandy's book that the press won't publicize:



No comments:

Post a Comment